Monday, October 22, 2012

What's Max Got to do With It??

First of all, I want to thank you for all the encouraging words about this new blog.  I am overwhelmed by the love and support from my friends and family.  I wrote the first entry late last night and after reading it today, I can't believe my high school English teacher pressed the "like" button after seeing all the grammatical errors!!  Thank you anyway, Mrs. ___________. I won't say her name because I don't want to ruin her reputation.  She was one of my favorite teachers, and she did teach me better than this!
Last Wednesday night, I shared what I am writing about today with my church family.  I have thought about it all day today, and I thought I would just share it in my blog.  
As I told them, I have many areas in my life that need improvement, but one of the most obvious ones is my need to feel like I have control of everything.  I like to have a plan, and then I like to have a Plan B just in case Plan A doesn't work out.  I wish I could say that I live most days with complete trust in the Father and I surrender everything to Him.  Unfortunately, I can't say that.  Well, I could say that but I would be lying.  I know that He is God and He is in control, but for some reason I feel like He needs my assistance.  
About six and half years ago, my sister gave birth 12 weeks early to a 1 lb 15 oz baby boy.  I'm sure there is no need for me to tell you how critical things were.  The doctors told us that the first 48 hours were important and would be a huge indicator of his chances for survival.  Needless to say, my family, my brother-in-law's family, our friends, and people we didn't even know came together seeking God like never before.  Plan A was out of our hands, and there was no Plan B.  If this little baby was going to survive, God was going to have to show up and show out.  There was no other way.  
It kinda (in a weird sorta way, I know) makes me think about our new journey.  When I think about God calling us to 16th (our new church), I believe with all my heart that if anything good is going to happen, if any lives are going to be changed, if the church is going to survive, God is going to have to show up and show out.  We really have no idea how to do this, and frankly, if we tried on our own, we would just mess things up.  God's power is Plan A, and there is no Plan B.  
Knowing about my insecurities and my lack of faith, I bet you are thinking "I bet she is scared to death", and looking from the outside it does look like we should be very afraid. But, believe it or not, we are not afraid.  And here's why:  You see, I have a 6 and 1/2 year old nephew named Max who is bringing joy to the lives of many people every day. I can't imagine what life would be like without him.  And I know that the same God that brought life to this tiny little baby who had no hope without the power of a mighty God is going to bring life to 16th Ave Baptist Church.  I know that He has the power to do it, and even when I have little faith, He is faithful.  We do not have to be afraid because He is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or even imagine.  
We have only been here a couple of weeks now, and I have already seen His power working.  I am seeing lives changed and healed.  I am watching and listening to my husband share the Word with such love and boldness that I sometimes I look at him and wonder where this guy came from!  I have no doubt that God's precious Holy Spirit is working in him and in me and in our church.  I can't wait to see what He does among our people and then in the people He allows us to reach.  He has big plans, I just know it!  I am so excited about what He is going to do and I can't believe He is going to honor us by letting us be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to call you my cousin, you will be a wonderful Pastor's wife, because you know the number one rule " Love".... just love everyone, no matter thier status in life, just love them. Don't be afraid to hug and mentor the poor and "smelly" folks. lol NEVER look down your nose at anyone...always look up to them. Continue to pray for your husband..... YOU will do just fine !!!!!
    Love ya'll and praying for your ministry

    ReplyDelete